Blood test appointments are available at the practice(s) and are predominantly in the morning due to the collection times. There are occasions where we may be able to offer afternoon blood tests, depending on the day, please let reception know and they will try and accommodate this as able.
We offer blood tests for:
– Requests generated following a consultation with a GP at the practice
– NHS patients of the practice following a recent INPATIENT admission, after being advised for a follow up test
– NHS patients of the practice from OUTPATIENT clinics ONLY if the hospital blood form is brought. Ideally these should be done at the hospital.
– NHS patients on a SHARED CARE regimen
– NHS patients under CANCER services
We DO NOT offer blood tests for:
– Private clinic requests NOT under a SHARED CARE protocol
– Private clinic requests that are EXCESSIVE, REPETITIVE OR NOT EQUIVALENT to USUAL NHS level care.
We strongly suggest ALL private requests are performed privately through the clinic you have visited.
We CANNOT guarantee we will offer the service and you may be TURNED AWAY due to the above. ALL requests as above will be screened for suitability.